Saturday NFL Wild Card Weekend Look-Ahead
Indianapolis Colts at Houston Texans
Date: Saturday, January 5, 2019
Time: 4:35 pm EST/ 1:35 pm PST
Location: NRG Stadium – Houston, TX
Spread: TEXANS -1.5
Moneyline: COLTS +105 | TEXANS -125
Public (Spread) Betting Percentages: COLTS: (53%) TEXANS (47%)
The 2019 NFL Playoffs gets us started with an AFC South Divisional rivalry as Andrew Luck & Colts travel to Texas to take on DeShaun Watson and the Texans. The team teams split their pair of regular season games as the Texans used their 37-34 OT win back in Week #4 as a springboard to go on a nine-game winning streak (ending with their loss to Indy in Week 14) after opening the season dropping five out their first six games. The Colts then returned the favor a few backs in Week #14 winning 24-21 on this very field. With neither home team being able to hold serve on their own turf, its easy to see how the Vegas odds-makers have this game so close in the betting line. The Texans were as high as -2.5 early in the week but Colts action at the window has brought the number down to near consensus -1.5 around town here in most shops. The boys here in the desert expect this to be the highest scoring game of Wild Card Weekend with the highest total on the board set at 48.5.
Texans-Colts Betting Trends
- Houston is 5-3 straight-up and 4-4 against the spread at home during the 2018 season, while Indianapolis is 4-4 SU and 5-3 ATS on the road in the same span.
- The Colts are 5-1 SU and 5-0-1 ATS in their last six away games against the Texans.
- Nine of the last 10 tilts between these two has been decided by less than 7 points with the road team covering in four of the last five meetings.
- The total has gone UNDER in four of the last five Houston-based contests between these teams.
- The Colts are 26-8 SU all-time against the Texans in regular season meetings. These teams have never matched up in the postseason before.
Seattle Seahawks (10-6) at Dallas Cowboys (10-6)
Date: Saturday, January 5, 2019
Time: 8:15 pm EST/ 5:15pm PST
Location: AT&T Stadium – Arlington, TX
Spread: COWBOYS -1.5
Moneyline: SEAHAWKS +115 | COWBOYS -135
Public (Spread) Betting Percentages: SEATTLE: (51%) DALLAS (49%)
In the nightcap Saturday night we are treated to the #4-seed NFC East Champion Dallas Cowboys as -1.5 point favorites taking on the #5-seed Seattle Seahawks. The total opened here in Vegas at 41.5 and now stands at 43 following some strong support that these two will top their 37 combined points scored back in their Week #3 contest.
This is a different Cowboys offense this time around with the mid season arrival of WR Amari Cooper (scoring 6 of his 7 TDs from the arm of Prescott) in a trade via Oakland and Dak & the ‘Boys now get the comfy confines of Jerry’s World Saturday night. The new look Cowboys finished quite strong winning seven of their last eight while going 6-1-1 ATS for their backers at the window.
Russell Wilson & Co. started slow this season at 0-2 but finished strong winning six of their last games while posting a 4-2-1 mark against the Vegas number. These two teams met back in Week #3 when Seattle beat Dallas 24-13 as the ‘Hawks gashed the ‘Boys on the ground behind 102 yds and a score from RB Chris Carson. The battle under center went to Russell Wilson who failed to pass for 200 yds but threw for two scores, meanwhile Dak Prescott struggled throwing two interceptions. Zeke Elliott was still able to ‘eat’ gaining 127 yards on the ground but failed to find the endzone.
Seahawks vs Cowboys Betting Trends
- The Seahawks are 2-0 SU and ATS in their last two meetings the Cowboys.
- Both games between these teams in the last three seasons have gone UNDER the total.
- The total has gone over in five of the Cowboys’ last seven games at home.
- The total has gone over in seven of the Seahawks’ last eight games.
- The Seahawks are 25-6-4 ATS in their last 35 games at played under the lights.
Be sure to sign up & become a Premium Member as we will have the sharp info as well as the Player Props the sharps are backing as well! #WinnersAlwaysWhisper